Thursday, April 21, 2022

Maybe I can have an opinion here

 Perhaps you saw this about Florida doing ... something ... to tenure. It's kind of hard to tell from the article, but it seems like in addition to the yearly reviews and firing for cause that Florida tenured folks already enjoy, they will now be called on the carpet in front of the Board of Governors every 5 years for a possible firing so ... parents can get what they want out of education and students can be sure their course in what America really is, is not secretly replaced by a socialism class? It's hard to tell from the quotes in the article. 

But it brings up the point that having opinions as an academic seems like it's getting more perilous, particularly at state schools. 

It drives. me. nuts. to see people equate higher education 1:1 with skills training for jobs, but perhaps I'll save that argument for a later day. 

But I will say that there seems to be a category of media called filling the 24-hour news hole with panels of people who "react" to the news. You see it from both conservative and liberal perspectives. 

I think I should apply for that job. I can give my unthoughtout opinion on the news of the day. I have a lot of opinions, actually, and little opportunity to share them. My catchphrase can be "That's ignorant because..." Must see TV. 

1 comment:

Do One Thing said...

For divinity and elegance worship, your showroom is mixed with Brass Kalash Gangjal water. Add glow to worship and artistic Panchdeep Brass Diya using a brass diya. Grooming essentialsApna Showroom Gangajal Brass Kalash | Filled from 'Brahma Kund' Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar | Authentic Ganga Jal Lota | 250 ML
Apna Showroom Brass Diyas for Puja Deepak On Stand - Pack of 2
Apna Showroom Ganpati Diyas for Puja - Pack of 1
include tick TAC hair clips for beauty women, scalp health -promoting lice comb, and durable metal hair bands for women/men/girls providing versatile, stylish strength and reliable comfort for everyday grooming routine.